Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hot, Hot, Hot






The breadmaking continues. After the success of the focaccia, I decided to give Jamie's Cheese, Chilli & Paprika Flatbread a burl. Another ripper, although I think I may have put a little too much chilli in it. S.O. then decided he would make the 'Scrumptious Spanish Chickpea and Chorizo Soup' from Jamie's Dinners. It was hot too, but warmed us right down to the socks.

We had forgotten the the Veg Egg Loathing Coeliac was returning last night, so something had to be done for her. A quick trip to the supermarket for some gluten free pasta. S.O. then flaked some of the salmon from the day before, made a white dill flavoured sauce, a bit of parmesan, and Bob's your uncle.

What I find hilarious -- and it was completely unintentional -- is the giant tummy in the background of the bread photo. I thought S.O. was really getting out of control until I realised there was a birthday card sitting against the wall with Lou & Andy from Little Britain. Looks like they're giving the bread the thumbs up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm i want that one *pointing to the bread*

love love your bread baking posts... i really want to try my hand at focaccia soon.

and totally love little britain!

kestypes said...

Thanks Deborah.

I can't tell you how easy the foccaccia was. And all that prodding to make the little pools to fill with olive oil was delicious fun. Play Dough for grown ups.