Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Jam Donuts.


I LOVE Jam Donuts. And I've let myself go during the non-smoking period. A Jam Donut a day keeps the doctor away. Isn't that the adage.

It was getting a little out of control though, when I remembered Nigella's recipe for the Jam Donut Muffin:

  • 125ml milk

  • 85ml corn or other vegetable oil

  • 1 large egg

  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

  • 200g self-raising flour

  • 100g caster sugar

  • 12 tsp of berry jam (I used Bitton’s Strawberry & Vanilla Jam ~ it’s divine)


With a fork, beat together milk, oil, egg and vanilla extract. Stir this into the flour and caster sugar to combine, the lumps don't matter. Remember not to overbeat or else the muffins will be tough. Spoon the mixture into each mini muffin cups so that it's just under a third full. Add a tsp of jam, then top with more muffin mix so that the cases are just about full.

Bake for about 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 190 C.

While still hot roll in melted butter and sugar.

My word, they are SPLENDID!

No comments: