Friday, June 02, 2006

I don't care what Chris Manfield says... I am ALARMED





You will recall the Sourdough Starter from Sunday. Well, she has been festering away for five days now. Not really sure what I should be looking for in a Starter, I thought perhaps the time had come to turn her into something edible. Therein lies the problem. I'm not confident that it will be edible.

Chris Manfield's tells me not to be alarmed at the stickiness of the dough. Sticky! I think I've created a new glue. In fact, her very words are "Do not be alarmed at how difficult it is to handle." Well, frankly Chris, I am decidedly alarmed.

I put before you the '3 Stages of Starter' for your persual. From top to bottom:

1. The initial starter sludge to be left for a couple of days under a wet tea towel.
2. The medium starter sludge after a couple of days.
3. The truly alarming finished 'bread' (and I use the term loosely) sludge in its tin awaiting the oven to preheat.

Stay tuned. It'll be a laugh if nothing else.

It's a cold and rainy night here in Sydney town. Going out for a movie is currently off the agenda. It's books and take away for us... And of course the general hysteria over the bread in a couple of hours.

No comments: